Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Why I love bears

To get a better understanding on why I love bears, I'm sharing this picture of Travis. I mentioned he works for Florida Fish and Wildlife, and he gets to experience Florida's native animals in a unique way. Travis worked on a "Bear Project" near Camp Blanding in Clay County where they were able to tag and track the bears. As you can see he was able to get up-close and personal with these gentle giants. Contrary to what people believe, black bears are not very aggressive. Travis tells me that when they trap them (it doesn't hurt them), the bears just kind of sit there and let the biologists do what they need to. Travis says bears are "goofy" in a way and says they have personalities similar to dogs. How can you not love these guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment